Wednesday, March 18, 2020

What is sensitivity reading?
This is when you hire a reader to read specific scenes (or the whole manuscript) who pick up on small micro-aggressions or problematic plot aspects in your novel. They can inform you on how your representation is compared to their experience, and it’s a very important aspect in the conversation about non-harmful, good representation diverse literature. 


Why should you hire me?
I’ve read hundreds of young adult novels critically, in which I’ve seen one of my many identities represented. I’ve written hundreds of review for published and unpublished works of writing. I’m also a teenager with firsthand experience of what’s it’s like to be one. 


What can I sensitivity read for?:
-bisexual and sapphic representation
-nonbinary identities 
-chronic illness
-bipolar II
-eating disorders

The Pricing: 
For a full manuscript between 50,000k and 100,000k words it will be $1 per 1K word. If you are on a tighter time frame then 3 weeks from the 50% deposit, the price will also adjust depending.

What genres will I accept?
In general I will accept middle grade, young adult, or new adult. 
Favorite genres: 
-contemporary 
-fantasy
-sci-fi
-thrillers/mysteries 
Things that will get a no from me: horror and erotica 


Does this seem interesting to you? My contact email is: lollipopsbooksblog@gmail.com I will reply within 48 hours to your inquiry. The full page report will be provided within 3 weeks of time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment