Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Done Dirt CheapDone Dirt Cheap by Sarah Nicole Lemon


[actual rating: 4.5]
Truly, the pulse of this story is the growing friendship between two strong women, Tourmaline and Virginia. This is what made me want to keep on coming to this surprisingly debut novel with lyrical and atmospheric storytelling.

I haven't read many books that feature motorcycle clubs (because of the stereotypes), but because the main two protagonists are around my age I could relate on some deeper level to their life. Don't let these vibes fool you, the writing in this book just blew it out of the water. In my opinion, the best thing was how much Lemon made me want to savor each word, each sentence. Honestly, their delicate bonding intrigued me and made me even more interesting to see how they backstories and their differences affect them.

At the beginning of this book, we meet two mostly naive girls, but miraculously by the end of this book the author has made them grow up in front of our eyes. They fall in love for the first time, manipulatively defeat the "bad wolf", and band together, because two is better than one standing against them, right?

My only minor problem, why I didn't give this a full five stars is because I felt like the ending was tied up in a bow too quickly. Like I understand that we are looking for a resolution, but the majority of this book was pretty messy, and the ending seeming so neat it threw me off track.

There's not much that I can say except drop everything and go read this swanky book! You won't regret going on this wild ride.

**Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing a copy of this book in exchange of my honest review.**

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment