Monday, January 23, 2017

Diverseathon is here! (and my post is a little bit late, apologies). This time around I deliberately chose to focus on areas of the world that I feel are lacking in my personal reading life, so all of these are set in Asia or about Asian people. But nonetheless I am so very excited to be participating in this lovely readathon and the accompanying Twitter chats! I have a very loose TBR, meaning that it may or may not change depending on my mood and speed during the week. Here goes my selections!

Min Jin Lee is a Korean American, and her book features a Korean women who moves to Japan. I actually found out that apparently she wrote this novel while living in Japan, so I think that the narrative is definitively in ownvoices hands, and I'm so intrigued to get started! Has gotten high praise from Junot
Díaz
Goodreads





This is a memoir of a South Vietnamese women, who was born in Saigon. It's being described as a 15 chapter immigration epic, and it's a graphic novel so should be interesting and keep me engaged.








The next book from Pulitzer price winning author, Viet Thanh Nguyen, who is a Vietnamise American man. It's the story of adoption and being a refugee and all of those topics surrounding immigration. This is the one that I'm probably most excited about!







In this book, the main character is a bisexual Chinese American women who (obviously) love to sing and is studying music in her performing arts school. She's trying to get into an esteemed school's elite a cappella, and it's all boys. This one has been highly recommended in the community so I'm uber ready to jump in.

2 comments:

  1. Have pachinko :) am excited to read it :) not this week but soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm actually currently reading it and it's hard to look away and concentrate on anything else! After I'm done, I'll hopefully have my review up later this week so you can come back then :)

    ReplyDelete